LegacyGT.com

Stromung exhaust install question

I'm completely stock right now on my 2008 LGT. I picked up a used Stromung exhaust and I just gathered all the gaskets to throw it on. Then it hit me, is it going to directly bolt up? It's a 3" down pipe...so do I need to buy another adapter piece of piping????

I'm completely stock right now on my 2008 LGT. I picked up a used Stromung exhaust and I just gathered all the gaskets to throw it on. Then it hit me, is it going to directly bolt up? It's a 3" down pipe...so do I need to buy another adapter piece of piping????

3" midpipe****

PM Mike at Infamous - he got me all set up on my adapters and gaskets. Guaranteed that you will love it when it's bolted on. My brother and I knocked out my install in a morning. Once you get a DP you can ditch the adapter, either way enjoy the rumble!

• 3 weeks later...
Got everything and got it on last week. Had to cut the bolts from y pipe to the muffles (which was fun) and then had to drill the holes on the down pipe to be bigger so the bolts fit. But it sounds good, not too loud, will probably sound even better once I go down pipe too

Got everything and got it on last week. Had to cut the bolts from y pipe to the muffles (which was fun) and then had to drill the holes on the down pipe to be bigger so the bolts fit. But it sounds good, not too loud, will probably sound even better once I go down pipe too

Same thing when I installed my Bosal v1.5 CBE but i bought smaller dia bolts and then used a washer to keep them from pulling through. I also used one for the springs so the nut would hold and compress them.

Archived