LegacyGT.com

need someone in socal to tune my stock map back?

phesa1005

You're on a stage 2 map. Don't you think it'll be a problem that you have stage 2 parts on there? If you're worried about a warranty issue and it's clearly engine related, I would think that they could just as easily point a finger at your stage 2 tune and say, "Your tune caused this" OR they could also point a finger at your hardware and say, "You weren't tuned, that's what caused it."

My opinion: you're screwed. That's why you have to pay to play. Want your warranty intact? Don't do mods like this.

Also....is it just an urban legend or can't more sophisticated systems (like I would try to have if I owned a dealership....that is if they exist) tell if the ECU has or has not ever been previously flashed?

Or did my paranoid self (who was only at stage 1 anyway but luckily avoided any warranty related issues) buy into the hype?

Dealerships are in the business of taking in business. They WANT the business. They get paid for warranty work from Subaru. It is my experience they are on your side getting work approved.

LOL. You sir have not dealt with Subaru enough. Subaru reps approve all warranty work, not dealerships. It is a written internal Subaru regulation that any Subaru dealership performing any work on Subarus (warranty or not) must note and upload to SOA any perceived or recognized modifications. Subaru knows the cars get modified. They have "protections" in place to make sure that if they suspect modifications the warranty is voided. The dealership is not on your side. They will not perform warranty work that SOA might decline to pay for. If an SOA rep gets called to make the determination (and your car has been modified) you can expect an offer of 50% at best.

We have a local dealership that actually sells and installs aftermarket parts. They even "sponsor" the Friday night 1/8th mile drags in the stadium parking lot (RaceLegal). When a customer of theirs comes in for warranty work, they void the warranty and refuse to service. Even though they sold and installed the parts on the car that voided the warranty. Hows that for feeling the love?

I already put everything back to stock,looks like I never touched it lol

Sorry but you're going to think I'm an ass.

If you increased the horsepower of your car then acquired a rod knock some how you really should just accept responsibility and fix it out of your pocket.

You chose to modify your car. You should have to deal with it.

People wonder why dealers / manufacturers are so reluctant to warranty stuff..... THIS is one of the reasons why.

ANY good tech is going to know in the first 5 minutes of inspecting your car that you have modified it and put it back.

Good luck.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Maybe some dealerships/regional SOA reps are more difficult to work with. My buddy who works at a local dealership here in town, has told me numerous stories on engine warranty work where SOA never ever shows up to look at the bad block or even collect it. He has been told many times after X days, to just throw the old parts in the dumpster because SOA isn't coming down to look at them!

Maybe some dealerships/regional SOA reps are more difficult to work with. My buddy who works at a local dealership here in town, has told me numerous stories on engine warranty work where SOA never ever shows up to look at the bad block or even collect it. He has been told many times after X days, to just throw the old parts in the dumpster because SOA isn't coming down to look at them!

Sure hope you take your car to your buddy's shop and he does the work. You'll be one of the few to get away with warranty work on an altered car.

On the opposite side, it's crap like this that screws it up for the rest of us. Trying hard to feel sympathy for your case, but really can't.

If you can't drive it, get a AAA membership (it's less than the tow fee) and haul to infamous's shop. He'll get it flashed back to stock map and might even be able to tell you what else is wrong. Be sure to call him first and work out costs before you drive up. He's a great guy and helpful here, but he's got bills to pay, too.

Sure hope you take your car to your buddy's shop and he does the work. You'll be one of the few to get away with warranty work on an altered car.

Not me...My car is far out of warranty at this point.

Archived