LegacyGT.com

Burning Oil - NO LEAK

So my mechanic wants to do a test with dye to see exactly where the leak is coming from. Don't want to waste money if it really is the head gasket, which another mechanic already told me.

HG failures normally have coolant related problems as well. Do you have dropping coolant?

HG failures normally have coolant related problems as well. Do you have dropping coolant?

Not that I know of. I'm going back to college in week so I'll be changing coolant and hoses during March when I come home for break. And I'll deal with the HG problem when I come back in the summer and get some money.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I just pulled my gt out the garage and did the passenger side gasket. The breather hoses were brittle on top of cover. One has A clip that was kinda tricky but got it with pair of hose pliers. Coolant reservior comes off. If you tilt it right with cap on, will lose minimal. All the while the bottom hose taken off of reservoir will br pouring everywhere so a plug would be nice.Took undercover halfway down with front on stands. Shop towels, brake cleans, oil DRI, needle nose for clamps, shop light, permatex ultra grey, 10 mm wrrnch. 10 socket w/ extension for bottom of breather box and nut on top corner. 12 mm Wrench for coils. Take out coils, turning the rear to get out. Take off cover from top and bottom. With cover off check your half moon insert on rear. My bottom was lose so I gasket it. Follow instructions for install, wearing gloves is good idea with applying gasket to set points. When sliding cover back in, go underneath and make sure your gasket is still in the cover grove or youll put everything back together to have a worse leak than before and your back may be hurting at this point also! *sprinkle sprinkle*

Archived