LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT FOB Programming

So I purchased my 05 LGT this summer and it didn't have the lock/unlock/panic FOB that all of my other subaru's came with. It instead had an aftermarket Auto-start installed with it's own remote with all the same functions.

With that said, I still have a left-over OEM FOB from my 2008 Subaru Forester I totaled in July (leading me to the LGT). Is there a programming method to getting them to work together? I seem to recall some elaborate button mashing, key turning, mad scientist way to get one to work with my Forester.

Basically in the summers I hate having to carry around a bulky remote, when only a basic OEM FOB is necessary. If I can't mad scientist one, how much would it cost for me to get an OEM replacement?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the wall of text.

If I can't mad scientist one, how much would it cost for me to get an OEM replacement?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the wall of text.

go to ebay to find the programming procedure??? :confused:

Troll else where

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Yes, combination of opening door, turning key a bunch of times, locking and unlocking doors. The instructions are in your car's owners manual. You can find instructions online, but the ones I found were incomplete.

I knew there was a video, the flip key guy AkumaMax made a walk through posted in his flip key thread via YouTube

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Archived