LegacyGT.com

Phase one ej22

i am in DESPERATE need of a phase one ej22. i am in orlando, fl. if anyone has any info please pm me. i need my suby back on the road. i made the stupid mistake of buying a 1999 phase two engine for my 1996 legacy l wagon before doing the proper research:icon_frow and now i cant seem to find a phase one anywhere. thanks,sam

go to, www.car-part.com put in your zip and sort by distance.

you can use any ej22 from 96 - 98, plug and play.

(if 98, use your intake manifold)

the 95 will work but you will need the exhaust y-pipe.

if you do not have EGR, (usually a manual trans car),

you can use a 90 - 94 short block (with the heads) with your intake manifold,

but you will need the matching exhaust y-pipe as well.

I have an extra 22e block but yeah shipping will put you about the same price as buying a complete motor with wiring and I/m. Scour Florida for it, you will find one.

Forgive me if this was already questioned but why don't you use the phase 2 block with your heads. The internals of the motor are better.

johnegg: damn that is a good website to know about! ill be calling those places in the morning. thanks man

pleaidestar: i know it a lame answer but really i dont have time to swap the heads (+ machine work) im crazy busy lately at both jobs. so i need something i can drop in and go.

a word to the wise:

if you tell the salvage yard that you want a price on an engine that their software does not show as a match to your car,

they may not sell it to you.

or if they do sell it they may not warranty it.

they do not want the headache.

they do not want you returning it or breaking it because you bought the wrong one.

so do a search on line for an engine that matches your car, from my list above,

and when you call, tell them you are looking for the engine you have already found online.

and then ask about that engine.

and then decide if it is the one for you.

for trans and engines, trans more than engines, each year has a different ID#,

and the interchange software assumes they are different, and some are.

so the software does not know that some other years will work.

good luck.

johnegg: damn that is a good website to know about! ill be calling those places in the morning. thanks man

pleaidestar: i know it a lame answer but really i dont have time to swap the heads (+ machine work) im crazy busy lately at both jobs. so i need something i can drop in and go.

No such thing as a lame answer unless its inaccurate or false, Time constraints are typical this day in age as well as money not being there. Just last year I was going through the same fight with myself on a performance build vs just getting it back into service for me. I wish you good luck though and hope you find an easy way out.

Archived