LegacyGT.com

Extra button by the clock in 05's but not 06's?

What is that button on the top left corner of the clock for on the 05's? Just curious because I've seen it in people's pictures but my car doesn't have it.

Thanks.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

When you turn on your headlights, all your dash board lights/clock/radio dim. That button toggles them back to full brightness if need be.

I use my headlights durning the day, so it comes in very handy when my dash lights are dimmed out.

Edit: Gex beat me

yep our 05's have it where you can make it dim or bright with that button alone. Then you can go dimmer or brighter with the dimmer switch. This changed on the 06+ cars. When our cars are at full dimm with the button pushed it is compared to there regular full bright on the 06+'s

Hmm, my car only has the rotary selector by the heated wiper button. All the way down with the headlights on is dim dash lights, then rotate it upward and they get brighter. At the very end of the upward rotation there's a "click" then you have full bright dash lights. I wonder why they deleted the button?

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Archived