LegacyGT.com

My 06 Legacy might have cooked a piston

You have some tough choices ahead of you. Do you drop $4-5k on a new motor or get rid of the car? Weigh it. The car is probably worth twice a motor rebuild. If you love the car do it. If you cannot afford to buy a new car, fix it. If you have any doubts or will want something newer in the next 1-2 years, sell it.

Let me guessing car was on the stock tune ?

The car was protuned by P&L in 07 and has run like a champ with no oil consumption since I sold it in September.

Sorry to hear about the engine trouble. the recent snow fall here has me missing AWD.

ignore him, he'll go away.

The car was protuned by P&L in 07 and has run like a champ with no oil consumption since I sold it in September.

Sorry to hear about the engine trouble. the recent snow fall here has me missing AWD.

Oh, time to look else where. Thought this might be another easy one...bad injector would be the next guess.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...

Cracked ringland is pretty common in our cars. At least you are getting more power out of the situation.

On a brighter note, I see you are from Fenton, MO which is where i use to live before moving to Oregon. Have a few friends that still live there.

Archived