LegacyGT.com

Things to look for buying used lgt

I guess when I look at that data I see Toyota and Honda consistently being to the shop less frequently then the same year/price point Subi product. While Toyota and Honda might have odd models/years they appear to rank highly. More importantly I see the data conflicted with the predicted information you posted earlier.

Also look at the mileage on an 05 TL - http://www.truedelta.com/Acura-TL/problems-5/2005 everything of note is happening around 100K. Engine mountains fail, they're a wear item. No one is for example complaining about fuel line failure like I got at 60K or was a problem for multiple years with Subis.

Yeah that's a problem with reliability metrics. No one seems to be able to present the data as some meaningful information of # of repair attempts, nature of repair, and cost of repair into one stat. Currently a bad dome light counts just as much as a blown engine.

2005 was definitely not a good year for Subaru no question about that. But they've made improvements since.

Yeah that's a problem with reliability metrics. No one seems to be able to present the data as some meaningful information of # of repair attempts, nature of repair, and cost of repair into one stat.

2005 was definitely not a good year for Subaru no question about that. But they've made improvements since.

if you think a 2005 is unreliable, I wonder what you'd think about the 2000 models. The average head gasket lasted less than 80k miles, even on a stock motor.

Yeah that's a problem with reliability metrics. No one seems to be able to present the data as some meaningful information of # of repair attempts, nature of repair, and cost of repair into one stat. Currently a bad dome light counts just as much as a blown engine.

Yeah. I think the fact is to many customers they don't really 'value' the difference.

The dome light issue guy will say "I paid 50K for this car I expect the dome light to last more then 100K'

The motor failure guy will say "I paid 50k for this car I expect the motor to last more then 100k"

Even if the car was 5K and was finished like a 50K car people would still complain.

Archived