LegacyGT.com

S60r??

Not trying to be biased since I drive one but, it is an interesting comparison.

I remember a couple of years back my Dad was toying with an S60R on the parkway with his SpecB.

It's interesting since the SpecB has one less cylinder and 50 less hp than the R

Just curious if anyone had any similar stories or thoughts??

btw here's a pic of my R

IMG_20130717_145623.thumb.jpg.cc140447cb39a03aab3597517728725d.jpg

Driving the car, what are your thoughts on it?

How's maintenance?

Sold the lgt and shopping around.

A4, 3 series xi, s60r-have not driven it yet.

Maintenance is good I have 111k on it and I am the 3rd owner of the R

Just make sure if you are buying one with around 95 to 100k

The timing belt gets replaced.

I had to get it replaced awhile back at Kundert Volvo and they charged me almost $1100

cuz they did the water pump idler and tensioner as well

also performance parts are a bit pricey my downpipe was almost $500

and my Exhaust was $400

plus the softloader I want is $900 :eek:

but besides that it's well worth it

It's unique and not many people have the R

I test drove them back to back, within 30 minutes of each other, right before i bought my spec b. I think the R is faster stock for stock, but it doesnt feel like it due to the suspension and overall plushness of the interior. I also did not like how light the shifter was on the S60R. I was coming from an '06 GTO with a short throw that felt like a rifle bolt when you put it into gear. The specb was closer to this.

I ended up with the Spec.B just because it felt a little more connected and lively. Had I been able to find a V70R I might have gone that way because racewagon

I test drove them back to back, within 30 minutes of each other, right before i bought my spec b. I think the R is faster stock for stock, but it doesnt feel like it due to the suspension and overall plushness of the interior. I also did not like how light the shifter was on the S60R. I was coming from an '06 GTO with a short throw that felt like a rifle bolt when you put it into gear. The specb was closer to this.

I ended up with the Spec.B just because it felt a little more connected and lively. Had I been able to find a V70R I might have gone that way because racewagon

Sadly my R is auto but, I can't complain I love the car.

Hopefully tho after im done working on my R the next car I want is either an 06 or 07 Spec B or the V70R.

Sadly my R is auto but, I can't complain I love the car.

Hopefully tho after im done working on my R the next car I want is either an 06 or 07 Spec B or the V70R.

I see V70R's all the time, but I could not find one when i was on the market. A guy down the street from me has a super clean black one.

Love the way they look and drove one before buying my Legacy. It was decently fast, but didn't feel all that sporty.

Well I will be tuning it.

I also plan to do the FMIC, turbo intake pipe, and the Cbv.

All these parts are sitting in the garage.

Just haven't had time to install.

After I do all of that it will definitely feel Sporty. :lol:

I thought about getting a V70R back in 2005. The high maintenance cost was a big turn off along with the problems they were having at the time. Fuel pump that had to be ordered through Sweden, $3000 for the electronic shock unit, the list goes on. The horrible turning circle was a big set back.

I thought about getting a V70R back in 2005. The high maintenance cost was a big turn off along with the problems they were having at the time. Fuel pump that had to be ordered through Sweden, $3000 for the electronic shock unit, the list goes on. The horrible turning circle was a big set back.

Well luckily I haven't had any problems except I had to replace the struts but, that's about it.

My R has 111k and it run's like a new R.

Archived