LegacyGT.com

99 legacy 30th anniversary

Helloreaper1

I have a 99 legacy that is a 30th anniversary and I'm not 100% sure if its a 2nd gen or 3rd gen. I'm leaning toward 2nd gen because of how it looks but I want to know which gen it is for sure because I do want to start upgrading and it would be nice to be able to order the correct parts on the 1st try haha.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

1995 1st re-design. Outback model introduced.

1999 30th Anniversary models

2000 the Legacy extensively re-designed. This 3rd generation Legacy is longer, wider and more powerful, with improved safety components, side air bags on some models, limited slip rear axles, completely new rear suspension, new dashboard, power seat and a lot more. All models now have the 2.5L engine.

http://www.cars101.com/legacy2000.html

so last year of 2nd gen....

Exactly, but its a BD which is a 2nd gen legacy. That's what is confusing me.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

Great car! I had a silver one. Always loved the look of it. The 95-99 Legacy body style is definitely second generation where it was completely redesigned in 2000.

I love this car, its my 1st car and its a great daily driver but i am wanting to get a little more power out of the stock engine until I get the money to do some serious upgrading.

FWIW, I'm not sure how much you can practically upgrade this car. Although it has a rock solid 2.5 DOHC, there are really not all that many mods for it. I loved mine, kept it stock and after 120k of Daily Driving, I found it was easier (and probably much cheaper in the long run) to trade up to my 05 LGT.

It's a 2.2

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

The GTs had a 2.5. My '98 LGT Limited was definitely a 2.5.

An update:

From the Wikipedia page for Subaru Legacy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Legacy

USA-spec GT models, first offered in 1990 as a turbocharged sedan or wagon in Japan, and as a trim package for the USA version in 1994, became a top level model upgrade in 1996, using the new EJ25D DOHC 2.5 L naturally aspirated engine.

So, all US LGT models since 1996 have the 2.5.

N00bian the 30th anny is a 2.2 phase 2

http://www.cars101.com/subaru_legacy_archive98_99.html

WIKI is only as accurate as those who put the info in...

So the 30th anniversary edition was not a GT?

Cars101 confirms what I already stated: GT models had the 2.5, all others Legacies made do with the 2.2.

Edit: They weren't called the 2.5GT for nothing. :)

Edit 2: It looks like the 30th anniversary was only an L, which means it definitely had the 2.2, being a non-GT model. In case I forgot to mention it, all the GTs had the 2.5. :lol:

So the 30th anniversary edition was not a GT?

Cars101 confirms what I already stated: GT models had the 2.5, all others Legacies made do with the 2.2.

Edit: They weren't called the 2.5GT for nothing. :)

Edit 2: It looks like the 30th anniversary was only an L, which means it definitely had the 2.2, being a non-GT model. In case I forgot to mention it, all the GTs had the 2.5. :lol:

Yup, I owned a 1999 2.5GT Limited. The Legacy was 2.2, as indicated on cars 101. The Outback also had the 2.5.

I had a 30th anniversary red GT sedan, fun car.

Me too. Wish I still had it. WAY less frustration than my '05.

Mine was a '99 GT Limited 30th Anniversary Edition.

• 1 month later...

Archived