LegacyGT.com

GAS ATTENDANT PUT 89! NOT 93 and Im running stage 2 Tune?!?!

Real octane booster doesn't suck...it works great. Unfortunately, it's very expensive, extremely volatile, and can be very dangerous to use for your engine if not used properly. Tetraethyl lead is an anti knock additive that you can purchase from Moroso and it works great. If you get it on your skin, it is absorbed through your pores and you can get lead poisoning just from that contact, which is pretty damn dangerous. Toluene is also a well known octane booster but it's pretty expensive too. Here's some info:

Toluene can be used as an octane booster in gasoline fuels used in internal combustion engines. Toluene at 86% by volume fueled all the turbo Formula 1 teams in the 1980s, first pioneered by the Honda team. Some teams had been running this so-called "black art mix" in their engines with as high as 73 p.s.i. of peak boost and the engines were surviving long enough to finish most races. The remaining 14% of the fuel was a "filler" of n-heptane, to reduce the octane to meet Formula 1 fuel restrictions. Toluene at 100% can be used as a fuel for both two-stroke and four-stroke engines; however, due to the density of the fuel and other factors, the fuel does not vaporize easily unless preheated to 70 degrees celsius (Honda accomplished this in their Formula 1 cars by routing the fuel lines through the muffler system to heat the fuel). Toluene also poses similar problems as alcohol fuels, as it eats through standard rubber fuel lines and has no lubricating properties as standard gasoline does, which can break down fuel pumps and cause upper cylinder bore wear.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/anyone-used-toluene-octane-booster-beforei-182205.html

:)

Those are not the "Octane Booster" you buy at the gas station that the rest of us were referring to.

Those don't work.

If you want to run Toluene like an F1 car does, pay $150 a fillup.

Agreed. OTC octane booster is usually nothing but kerosene with a bit of naptha or light diesel fuel with naptha. They don't do anything to bring up octane but just basically are a top end and injector cone lubricant and not a good one at that. The Berryman Chemtool B12 does have toluene in it-about 40% and also our Store it-Start it product has toluene. Our is there primarily as an octane stabilizer as this is a product for storage preparation.

93 + 89 / 2 = 91 :)

I know this is a dick first post, but your math is off.

The answer to the above is 137.5...

Hi everyone! Looking for a nice 05/06/07 Legacy GT wagon. I've been using an '02 e39 M5 for a daily driver for 7 years and love putting snow shoes each year... but really would like something to compliment existing car. Also, our big dog wants to come with me and the kids once in a while... Love everything about the GT wagon...

Archived