LegacyGT.com

no taillamps with main liite switch on

Robsubaru

2001 legacy wagon operating the main lite switch leaves the rear of vehicle with no lites, brake lites still work. only way to get rear lamps to function is to turn on from parking lite switch on steering wheel. then all lites work. fuses look good, am I missing a relay somewhere?? thanks Rob

I'd be thinking bad contacts in the main switch or broken wire along the way. If the lights work otherwise, it kinda rules out the relay and bulbs.

I don't have a wiring diagram for an 01, but the 09 looks like that's about the only common link to the lights. Somewhere on this site are 'vacation pics' that should have a diagram you could use to rule out the circuitry they have in common, from there, you need to look at what part is different.

Sounds to me like you need to replace your bulbs. They are dual filament, so it's possible that part of the bulb isn't functioning properly.

You may want to check the socket to make sure that the bulb is making firm contact with the base of the socket. It may partially work if it's touching the metal tabs slightly

Nick C.

John C.

Diode Dynamics

Archived