LegacyGT.com

Seat swap question

Hey guys. I picked up a set of 06 WRX TR seats for my 99 Legacy L wagon. Once I got the stock seat out of the passenger side (one of the bolts was stuck like a MoFo), I placed the WRX seat in just to test fit. I doesn't seem like its lining up right. The holes are close, but it seems like one of the mounting spots won't work with these seats. If i push down the seat kinda leans to the side. Is there something I need to change or am I just a dope and didn't do something correctly? Thanks for any help!

When I put 02 wrx seats in my 97 GT I had trouble lining the holes up. It's tricky but I finally got it to line up after playing with it for awhile. I'm not an expert on what seats fit into which cars, but I thought any 02-07 impreza seats fit in 95-99 legacys

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wrx-seat-swap-trouble-201924.html

I had issues putting mine in a while back. If I recall, the wrx seat uses 4 bolts while the Legacy seat is mounted with 5 bolts. One of them has a weld nut that often breaks loose and spins with the bolt. That particular bolt is the one located on the lower rear part of the seat rail, going into the driveshaft hump. Hope this helps.

Yea.. I learned the hard way about the one that breaks free. It happened to me on Saturday. Lol. A LOT of pissing and moaning occurred. The one I'm having a problem seems to be the front right bolt hole is no where close.

Thanks for the help though!

Apparently Saturday at the shop was just one of those days where nothing would go right. Came in today and finished up all customers shit, then jumped back into the seat dilemma. I threw the passenger seat in and leaned hard on it.. holes got closer. Did it again and I could see the light at the end of the tunnel!

So anyway.. Im a putz. And the passenger seat is in. Now I have to fight with the drivers side and hope that fifth bolt on the Leggys in the transmission tunnel doesn't brake free like passenger side did... :spin:

Thanks for all the tips guys!

Well, good news bad news with my swap. Good news is that it was a direct swap from a 07 Impreza. Bad news, it sits an inch to inch 1/2 higher. Not good for 2 long legged 6 footers. I'm not sure if the bracket change would make it sit lower. By looks of it the bracket change will be a pain. Has anyone tried this?

The brackets from the Legacy are close but do not bolt up without major mods to mounting points. So, yes the Preza seats are a direct bolt on, there is an additional height on the seats. It is a little weird sitting higher when your used to a lower seat.

Are all impreza and wrx seats the same? Will an older impreza seat give me the extra height as well?

I'm looking for the height and something not as worn as my 17 year old seat, but I'm not going to pay $200 for it either

The WRX and Impreza seats are very similar on some years and very different on others. Any seats from an Impreza should give an height adjustment and therefore sit a little higher than your older Legacy seats. I picked up both drivers and passengers from an 07 Impreza for $200 and they are very much worth it.

The brackets from the Legacy are close but do not bolt up without major mods to mounting points.

Which seats are you referring to, specifically?

That seems odd from my personal experience; I've had no trouble with a direct bolt in with a variety of seats from fozzys and other impreza-based chassis' up til about 08.

Unless I'm interpreting what you're saying wrong ha

If you are trying to use the mounting brackets from one seat to another, for instance my Legacy seat brackets will not fit on the 07 Impreza seats. The mounting points to bolt onto the body of the Legacy are the same though without using the one that bolts to the tranny tunnel. <--that just sounds wrong..

Which seats are you referring to, specifically?

That seems odd from my personal experience; I've had no trouble with a direct bolt in with a variety of seats from fozzys and other impreza-based chassis' up til about 08.

Unless I'm interpreting what you're saying wrong ha

do like my friend did when putting 09 import seats into his 1980 caprice (he liked the style and high back buckets from some hyundai) and cut the brackets long-wise and weld them to the new seats. it took a bit of doing, but it came out nice. now he has high back buckets in his hot rod lol.

Archived