LegacyGT.com

Turbo inlet suggestions please

replacing my turbo because of oil seals/shaft play. The rubber part of the inlet hose to the intake is beat, so I'm looking for a replacement. Suggestions on brands, what will fit....etc. For instance if one says it fits a 2005 Impreza wrx sti sedan with the same 2.5ltr will it work? Ive put well over a thousand dollars into this car in 2 months, so trying to keep prices down, and it is just a hose/pipe so are they really that different? Thanks in advance.

at the very top of the very first forum is a "opposed forces" web site, You'll find it there once you learn how to use the site.

Or call Fredbeans, a Vendor here and order one. The guy's there are great. See the VENDOR link up top on the dark blue bar.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Suggestions on brands, what will fit....etc. For instance if one says it fits a 2005 Impreza wrx sti sedan with the same 2.5ltr will it work?

You need '08+ WRX/'05-09 LGT style turbo to directly bolt up to your stock intercooler. '02-07/'04-'14 STI style turbo's won't directly bolt up unless you go to a FMIC setup or do a little intake manifold/throttle body swapping (not worth it).

You need '08+ WRX/'05-09 LGT style turbo to directly bolt up to your stock intercooler. '02-07/'04-'14 STI style turbo's won't directly bolt up unless you go to a FMIC setup or do a little intake manifold/throttle body swapping (not worth it).

I think hes talking about the black hose under the intake manifold.

OP I bolted my turbo on, its easier then useing the studs. Also replace the oil return hose.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

already have the turbo(just another vf40 used with 45k on it) just need the inlet pipe/hose

I went with a perrin for my 05 and fit wasn't that bad.

The BPV inlet is just about 1inch closer to the front of the car than stock, otherwise fit fine.

Picked up a Samco BPV hose which had added flexibility over stock and made install easier.

Just didn't want to have another stock inlet failure down the road.

Archived