LegacyGT.com

TGV Issue

I am having a P2006 or P2009 CEL show up after I just put a VF52 in my car.

I have a replacement TGV motor ready to go in. Both P2006 and P2009 indicate "Bank 1" .. can I determine if this is passenger or driver side with the "Bank 1" indication ? I am thinking it is driver side because that TGV is making a strange noise. I just want to make sure that's the one that needs replacement. Anyone ?

Bank 1 in most "if not all" cars is the side of the engine that has cylinder #1.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Don't go off just my post though, I was just throwing out the general rule of thumb with engines.......double check.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Pretty sure I banged up the sensor installing my VF52. Now I am in limp mode. Dangit ! I thought it was the motor, so I put a new one in. I noticed my gears on the TGV ( not the TGV motor ) Does not "spring back" so you don't need to clock it when you realign it.. so I thought that was odd. Still getting my P2006, but I think it's just the sensor now.. I will be putting a used, working sensor in the pass side soon and I assume this will fix my issue.

While the tmic is off, you may want to pull the starter and grease the shaft and remove the two ground wires on the bracket close there and clean the grounds really well.

And tighten all the fuel line clamps too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I has FMIC. Im gonna do poor mans TGV delete. Also, my real issue was that the heat shield was improperly cut, wastegate was not opening or something. Was never in limp mode. Fixed that, now I have boost. Next up is tune and TGV CEL deletes.. when the roads clear up. Thanks for the help all.

Archived