LegacyGT.com

Reputable engine builder

s2baru

alrighty...well some of you who troll the 5thgen forums may or may not have seen that my engine has now gone byebye. I have yet to pull the engine to discover if there is metal in the oil or anything drastic. Basically cylinder3 is shot and others are low on compression.

Sooooo trying to keep this build under 3grand if possible here's what ive discovered or am leaning towards is a potential 350-400build with a custom fabwork of a relocated turbo and front mount. That of course will cost more I know....being the 3rd 5tghen to have the motor go I'm in a bit of uncharted water, looking for input and suggestions on where to have things done....

I might also port polish, 272s cams (Brian crower or Kelford ) And springs (ferrera or manley) 1mm bigger valves over stock. 280s would be a bit toobagressive for dd. But 272 will keep things pretty spirited up top.

Manley rods and CP pistons more than likely seems to be the consensus thus far

I dont trust anyone local with subie builds. Ive yet to called the tuning shop in Seattle that originally did my work. Maxwell power has been my first thought to have it sent to.

Ziptie in Utah is my 2nd choice and then Theres a small possiblilty of sensing it somewhere in Colorado like suba since I know two people who've had engine done there with great results and communication.

Archived