LegacyGT.com

Help With Wiring Troubleshooting

I have a 2009 Legacy. I recently discovered that a green connector located under the dash on the passenger side to the left was unplugged. It has one green plug with a pink wire and red wire running to it and another green connecter with what appears to be a black wire and black wire with a yellow stripe running to it. When I plug it together and start the car, the Check Engine light comes on and flashes. When I unplug it, the light goes off. The Owners' Manual states that this is an engine misfire condition which may damage the emission control system. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? I just had the car in a couple of months ago for the ECM software logic update that was under recall. Shouldn't this have been discoverd at that time? Thanks for any insight.

Welcome to LGT and what they both said is the truth. When you plug those two together, your fans should run and you'll get a CEL flashing along with the cruise light flashing. This is for an ECU check to make sure that all functions are working as necessary. Leave them unplugged and you should be fine.

Archived