LegacyGT.com

GREDDY Exhaust Question

RiceKiller2.5GTL

I have decided to go with GREDDY for my exhaust system on my '05 Legacy GTL. However, I have a few questions. Does GREDDY make a EVO2 Exhaust for Legacy GT Sedans?? Because on the GREDDY site it says wagon under Special Notes. Also, are the EVO2 kits cat-back systems or turbo-back and what diameter is the piping? I need to know because if it is a carback, I want to replace my up/down pipes (dont know which brand yet, PERRIN??) thanks

look under the car and you will find your answers really quick. Your "midpipe" is most likely be a part of your catback system.. the only thing you are really asking about is "is there a pipe that replaces the stock cat so I can go catless or have a hi-flow cat?" the Answer to that right now is "no, not yet".

The way the GT exhaust stock system works is in this order:

Engine-->Header-->Uppipe w/Cat-->Turbo-->Downpipe w/Cat-->"Mid"-Pipe w/Cat-->Y-Pipe w/resonator-->Mufflers

Have a shop fabricate a "track pipe" (it's a pipe that will replace the 3rd cat). When you do this, you should either have an O2 simulator to fool the ECU that you have a functional working cat OR get the track pipe to have the stock O2 sensor tapped and extended to fool the ECU that the cat is still there.. these two ways will prevent you to have a Check Engine Light but still not 100% garanteed.

Keefe

Keefe

Mid pipe is part of the Catback;) You will be VERY happy with the EVO2 system:):)

Just to let everyone know if they did not know already, the GReddy STI headers work on our Leggies;)

Mine will be installed next week:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I am going to save up for the BPM unequal length header (to keep the boxer sound and I am planning on making over 400 whp). Equal length will make the boxer motor sound like an inline (Honda's constant rev).

Keefe

Keefe

if i decide to keep the rest of my exhaust stock for know due to emmissions/warranty, will the GREDDY EVO2 bolt on directly to the factory exhaust (DP) without any custom fabrication or anything like that required??

Yes it will. You will have to remove the doughnut washer between the downpipe and catback and use the flat washer supplied by Greddy. It will bolt right up.

BTW, I have one for sale.

Archived