LegacyGT.com

help! clutch/slave gone?

first post, long time lurker. my wife called this morning, her GT decided that it didn't like the throw out bearing or the clutch. need some help. she says that the car started "smelling" then the CEL came on and the car died, clutch went to the floor, she was able to start the car but it starts and shuts right back off. I am wondering how much of a pain is it to change the clutch in these cars? I am pretty sure I can do it but wanted some input. I am hoping the slave cylinder only went out. any help would be great. thatnks.

not yet. we are supposed to get snow/ice on the mtn today car is still on the trailer in front of the garage. cant get it off til my buddy comes back hopefully today as its a gooseneck and he literally just dropped the trialer in the yard due to having to get to work. i watched a couple videos on youtube. i think it is something i can handle doesnt seem too bad surprisingly. i have a thread going on the transmission forum about this. been a long crazy week for the family.

Archived