LegacyGT.com

Subaru donations...

hmmrdwn

Just ask the right questions to the right target.

I'm sorry, but this place is for discussion. It's a forum. Nothing negative was said about Subaru. It's like the opinions on paint colors, cvt trannies, wheel styles and other issues. Subaru has a marketing campaign and we are free to debate the mechanics of that program. I think there are good and bad points to Subarus program. Charitable giving is being looked at in our media. There is no limit on the times someone can post either. There are many people with more posts. I appreciate your advice, but if you don't like my posts, put me on ignore. I sent you the pm to avoid fronting you in public. If you read the thread things were going along fine.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$5M a year for the past five years is a pretty big donation on SOA's part. Does it help with Marketing? Sure. Is it Subaru's money? Yes. Do those who purchase/lease a new Subaru, feel like they have some say in how it's distributed? Within the simple band of charities - Yes.

I guess it's no different than my company saying, "These are our five charitable non-profits (NP) that we'll focus on this year and we have $x,xxx,xxx set aside to support these NPs. Every employee is allocated $250.00 from the set-aside and can specify which of the five NP's they want their $250.00 to go toward. If an employee is unable to, or chooses not to, participate, then the company will randomly choose which NP receives those funds."

In both cases, whether it's the individual purchasing/leasing the new Subaru, or the company employee, the "funds" have never been their's to give. They're just helping their respective corporate "sponsor" to direct the disbursement of those funds.

Upshot - everyone involved feels like they've directed energy, in some small, but meaningful way to them, so that an NP that can "Feel the Love."

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

$5M a year for the past five years is a pretty big donation on SOA's part. Does it help with Marketing? Sure. Is it Subaru's money? Yes. Do those who purchase/lease a new Subaru, feel like they have some say in how it's distributed? Within the simple band of charities - Yes.

I guess it's no different than my company saying, "These are our five charitable non-profits (NP) that we'll focus on this year and we have $x,xxx,xxx set aside to support these NPs. Every employee is allocated $250.00 from the set-aside and can specify which of the five NP's they want their $250.00 to go toward. If an employee is unable to, or chooses not to, participate, then the company will randomly choose which NP receives those funds."

In both cases, whether it's the individual purchasing/leasing the new Subaru, or the company employee, the "funds" have never been their's to give. They're just helping their respective corporate "sponsor" to direct the disbursement of those funds.

Upshot - everyone involved feels like they've directed energy, in some small, but meaningful way to them, so that an NP that can "Feel the Love."

I agree. The choice option and 250 per car is ingenious. It involves the customer. Also fits Subarus CSR and reaches out to target market. Other companies have general funds. I've contacted the head of their foundation and am trying to get a breakdown of expenses to find out more. She offered the 990, but it just asked for a percent of donations. Sandra Capell Community Services Manager at SOA.

Can't you find something useful to rant about, perhaps a topic that will incite derogatory replies and fanatical lines of text? ;) I can't take such dry content :lol:

Apparently it riled up some.:);). I can work on it though. A little Christmas rant...

Archived