LegacyGT.com

Anyone in the area riding around on JDM GT Bilsteins?

sgt

I guess I’m technically northeast, but I’ll give you my review. I have JDM GT springs, struts/shocks, and 20 mm rear bar.

I’ve had them on for about three weeks now. About a week after getting them installed, I got a more performance oriented alignment done on it.

There is much less body roll with tighter turn in. Overall it is about a 2/10 of an inch drop all around.

Ride quality is more controlled than stock. I suppose firmer, but definitely not harsh. The roads around here vary from acceptable to very bad. I expected the ride to be much firmer, but it really isn’t. My girlfriend hasn’t noticed the ride difference, so its not significantly different than stock from a passenger’s perspective. I think they are much better struts overall which give better handling without any real decrease in ride quality.

It pretty much matches the reviews I’ve read of the GT vs spec B from overseas. I remember several reviews stating they enjoyed the GT’s ride, but found the spec B a little harsh.

I have the std. Spec B setup -struts and springs. I don't notice the harsh ride until I make a Starbucks run. Small price to pay for a setup that improves the car in every other way.

Archived