LegacyGT.com

Front CV shaft

Bochim

Was under my car today changing the oil and noticed that both boots are completely separated on both front shafts. I'm going to replace both the shafts. Looking for something that will hold up well. I do drag race this car and launch it pretty hard from time to time. I have found a few cheep ones for around 100$ online but I'm worried about them breaking on me. I have not found any "performance" ones anywhere, does anyone even make anything like that? Or are the OEM's pretty good at handling 400whp? Any info/advice from the LGT community is always greatly appreciated.

Our front half shafts are the same as 08+ WRX, or should be near enough that you can use them, the outer hubs are the same, and the transmissions are similar (different internals, but same outputs splines). The 08+ GR chassis is the same as ours, just near as makes no difference 6" shorter.

If I had it to do over, I would pick up the after marker axles and install them. I would keep the OEM one's and rebuild them for the next time you need a axle.

There is a thread about changing these in the DIY forum with the part numbers.

I looked around and couldn't find the thread...it's here somewhere.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived