LegacyGT.com

190k up on jacks again valve cover leak

fyi, Blackontan, I fixed the oil leak in the above posts, so the LGT didn't smoke for a couple of weeks. That valve cover gasket was a pain in the az.

I'm pretty certain I don't have a vacuum leak, because the idle is around 7-800 and the turbo works like it should.

That yellow powdery stuff on the inlet, to me looks like it is some kind of sealer or agent used on the top radiator hose. There is absolutely no build up at all > inside the radiator, or inside the thermostat housing.

I am working slowly, but today I want to pull the thermostat and test it. However, it appears that the intake has to be removed to get at it. Am I right?

Much easier, see the water pump neck near to the lower driver side that connects to the lower rad hose? Remove the hose and two 12mm bolts and it will pop right out.

Thank you! The thermostat on the bottom driver's side. Mmm. Maybe I better find a factory service manual before I damage something.

Have you seen the "vacation pix" yet? (nudge, nudge)

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Hehe. Vacation pix. I liked, and saved them last year thanks for reminding me duh!

The legacy gt is on the road again with minimal $$. I test drove in the snow and ice, my GF was driving my v8 caddy STS DD for the last week and she is thrilled to get the Subie back. The top plastic radiator return neck broke. I found a used rad for $75. About 50 miles from here. I was lucky, last Friday was a beautiful day to drive in Eastern PA. Dusted off my Nassau Blue C5 and went for it. Parts for Turbo Subarus are very hard to come by. When I pulled the thermostat, the aluminum housing cracked in 2 pieces. That was on Friday. Dealership parts department on Monday hustled to get the Thermostat housing on Tuesday. A new washer, and 50/50 coolant. The temp needle went to half way in the garage. I revved it for about 10 mins and burned off all the coolant that coated the motor. Took it out and drove 35 miles. No worries. The question remains; what caused this?

If you have any question about coolant in your oil send a sample to blackstone for analysis. Worth every penny.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived