LegacyGT.com

2008 Legacy - no air from lower ducts!

Rob van Halen

Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum. I've been owning a 2008 Legacy Wagon 2.5i since last year and I'm so far happy with the car.

As far as I can remember though it has been having trouble sending air through the lower ducts. Even at higher settings there is very little coming out. My idea is that whatever switches the air distribution between the pipes leading to down/front/up does not work correctly. I get a good amount of air out of the front ducts (facing the driver) and towards the windshield, only barely anything towards my feet. There are no leaves or anything blocking the air intake and I recently cleaned the intake filter. Is there a way to fix this without taking the dashboard apart or taking it to a dealership?

Thanks!

I am also having this issue, and it is an actual problem rather than bad design. I have the "hamster in dash" noises and now basically nothing hits my feet.. if I put my hand down there I can feel heat coming through dash gaps, like its being diverted inside the dash. Am I missing a thread on how to access/replace the mechanism inside?

Archived