LegacyGT.com

Suspension questions With 08 2.5i

Ok so I bought my first legacy a month or so ago. This is my fourth subaru but i've only owned imprezas.

Now my main question which I can't seem to find an answer to is will same year Sti Pink springs fit directly on my stock suspension? do i need tophats, different struts? kinda lost.

The car (stock) is obviously lower in the back and also quite obviously very soft in its suspension. My last 98 classic was on ISC coils and going from something that had less than an inch of travel to this, is well.. stock.

I don't really want a stiff car, or I would just skip the hassle of changing springs and go to coils. I want something with a fairly decent ride, stiff in corners, but not back breaking on the highway.

Any suggestions?

Welcome to the Subaru world for the 4th time. I would got with:

Koni inserts + Epic/H&R/Swift/Htech springs

or

Tokico HTS adjustable (Red) struts plus the above spring choices

or

Swap to Blistein HD all four corners plus the spring of your choice

With any choice get shims to raise the ass end! I have a great install guide ;):

Suspension Install

I swapped the Htechs out b/c with the shims it still wasnt level so I went back to Stock + shims.

So sti pinks by themselves wont actually work correct? I have someone trying to tell my they will but I haven't spent much time under legos.

They will work but youll need different tophats and the OEM struts may not last long with the rebound rates. Other than that Sti Pinks are great springs :)

Archived