LegacyGT.com

Why the gear indicator is off all the time?

I just noticed :( my gear indicator on the instrument panel is off all the time, when I am driving the vehicle.

It supposes to be on when the car is on 'D' position.

I think the LED is good on the indicator, because when I turn the ignition, I saw '8' show up there.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks advance

Not Sport mode....manual mode where you have to manually move the shifter in order to change gears. It will show sport on the dash when you move your shifter over to the left to the manual gate and that will stay on until you move the shifter back right into the other (I guess it would be economy) gate.

Not Sport mode....manual mode where you have to manually move the shifter in order to change gears. It will show sport on the dash when you move your shifter over to the left to the manual gate and that will stay on until you move the shifter back right into the other (I guess it would be economy) gate.

Thanks, I tried last night, it shows up the gear position.

However, I found my transmission start slipping, going to check today to see what is going on.

• 7 months later...
Hi! I'm a newbie. Don't know where to post and ask this question and this thread is the closest I found. Anyway, I noticed that the D(drive) indicator light in the dashboard doesn't light up (not the one beside the shift knob). The rest, PRN321 lights up when in gear. Only D doesn't. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Archived