LegacyGT.com

'07/'08 v. '09 LGT Auto

CP3

I'm looking to get back into an LGT. My wife had an '08 a few years ago and I loved it but she hated it and that's why it's gone. The one thing I didn't like about it was how God awful the stereo was. I'm not trying to blow my doors off or anything but to have a decent system would be a huge plus.

So my question is, is the Harmon Kardon system in the '09 any good? If so, is it worth the extra $$$ an '09 demands over an '07/'08? From what I've seen it with similar mileage the '09's are about $2-$4k more. I know that's not all stereo so hopefully my question makes sense.

The HK options is solid sound wise but you can easily and cheaply (if not for the same price of the HK option) upgrade the stock sound system to be great! I would look at it from the 08-09 body style vs the 05-07 if you dont mind the 07, and it has low miles for a great price i would give it a strong consideration. But being newer is always nicer as the 09 has refinements here and there.

I definitely thought about the aftermarket but I know I'll end up spending that money on something else and just deal with the stock stereo. I think I'm going to try to find one with and without the HK and see if it's worth the difference to me.

yeah the HK shouldn't be your deciding factor, I have it in my 09 but the speakers I put in my old 2nd gen (just some 60 dollar/each pioneers) sounded far better. They do have good sound though so don't be distraught, but once you crank it up to the higher ranges of volume it doesn't actually get louder, just a bit more umph-ey if that makes sense... haha I like LOUD NOISES

• 2 weeks later...

guess evryone has they're likes and nots but it sorta cracks us up to read bout drivers plaining bout they're car strereos been playing cd's for decades an records even longer. rarely do my wife and I plain bout a cars' sound since we put $3.5k into a new turntable for our lp's. talk radio sounds good in a car now but anything else is not making it any longer

I'm looking to get back into an LGT. My wife had an '08 a few years ago and I loved it but she hated it and that's why it's gone. The one thing I didn't like about it was how God awful the stereo was. I'm not trying to blow my doors off or anything but to have a decent system would be a huge plus.

Archived