LegacyGT.com

Should I buy this 05 Legacy 2.5i?

So I have an opportunity to buy a 1 owner 05 Legacy 2.5i Automatic with 363,000 kms on it. It has a few dings and scraps here and there but nothing major and no rust. It comes with the Original Aluminum wheels and steel winter wheels. The guy is asking $2000 because of the mileage, he's local and was driving it 500 kms a day! But recently bought a TDi for the mileage.

655434364_(KGrHqZ!n4FJKUFLZ)BSWiF!6KQ48_20.JPG.0c7a23864f515469afb621f1c4c0d525.JPG

421590522_T2eC16ZHJHUFFf)nZDHRBSWiLoqGg48_20.JPG.601440e0d2e047f0f7a850ac9c848c94.JPG

If it runs good and you get a full set of decent condition winter rims with tires on it for 1650 you're doing good.

Sure it will need maintenance but you'll learn how to do stuff as it goes.

If something comes up thats not fixable you sell the wheels and part the car out or sell it as it.

I think you're getting a great deal at 1650.

You're not going to find a better economy car with SUV like snow handling and storage space then an 05-09 legacy 2.5I.

Let me know what kind of fuel mileage you're getting on the highway. Mine was getting 30 mpg even at 177k on it.

Tint the windows and that pretty blue car will look waaaaay cooler. I think these legacy wagons are the sexiest wagons ever made. The dodge wagons look cool too but get terrible mpg's and are rear wheel drive.

So i picked the car up for 1550, knocked an extra 100 off because he told me it was a non=smoker and it stinks like cigerettes. Any ways drove the car back 1hr home and it runs and drives great. Way smoother then my 00 Forester with 205000kms on it. Car it being detailed this week to get the smell out of it and then i"m bringing it in to the shop to give it a good once over.

So i picked the car up for 1550, knocked an extra 100 off because he told me it was a non=smoker and it stinks like cigerettes. Any ways drove the car back 1hr home and it runs and drives great. Way smoother then my 00 Forester with 205000kms on it. Car it being detailed this week to get the smell out of it and then i"m bringing it in to the shop to give it a good once over.

Nice barring any major issues, routine services shoudl yield and steal of a car. Hell id clean it up put some alloys on it and sell it for profit. :rolleyes:

The alloys are in the hatch, I'm getting the car detailed through work this week, steam cleaned, the whole 9 yards, and having it certified and i'll be driving it this weekend :) Next week hopefully off to the body shop to get the dents sorted out

Archived