LegacyGT.com

Best price/vendor for a Spec B rear strut

I just replaced all 4 of my Bilstein struts on my 2006 Spec B. I would highly recommend doing the pair and not one at a time. The replacement of all 4 was NOT a subtle difference. It was a huge difference and you want to keep the car balanced. It would be too uneven to replace one of them at the age of the car, these struts really wore down without you knowing until you put new ones one.

Night and day difference.

Just google, it is impossible to know the "cheapest" at any given time. Many dealers around the country have online shops, if you google Subaru OEM parts you will start pulling dealers, then go into each website and lookup your part. You gotta do the research.

I dont want to start a debate of HDs vs OEM, but I dont believe HDs will give you the same ride quality (they are firmer) or ride height (they are higher). It is up to you to do the research here on that debate and decide if you want to try them. There are people insistent on both ways and I happen to be an OEM fan despite the raping in price.

Through our site, they are $233.96 each, MSRP is $299.95 each. There isn't a lot of mark-up on these things. Shipping would be a bit, but at least I don't mark up shipping like many other dealers do. Our site quotes a fairly generic shipping price, but actual shipping normally comes out a bit less.

There are only 8 in the US right now (at the Subaru PDCs)

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

I've found them to be as cheap as $219 plus shipping. I am entertaining the HDs though. I am currently running stock struts with HD Ions. The look and ride are perfect. I heard the HDs are firmer on rebound. I think I would prefer firmer on damping, at least with my current springs.

Just looking for answers to my questions, but thanks for the advice. Are the Left and right rears the same part number and who sell OEM parts the cheapest?

Rear are same part numbers. Be prepared for a raping on the OEM strut no mater what dealership you buy it from. Aftermarket Bilstein HD's are FAR cheaper.

Rather than scour the interweb for online dealerships selling parts why not try a forum vendor like Fred Beans Parts? They only happen to be the largest dealership in the nation.

"m sprank"

HINT, HINT, HINT Buy from him. If you don't buy from him, listen to him and buy from him later. If your were on the west coast, that's who I would have told you to go to inthe earlier post.

Please support the guy's who support this forum.

I bought my Koni yellows and Epic springs from him and other things too. Love the adjustable ride.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Are they now? I had heard somewhere the OEM Bilsteins were not rebuild-able? That would have been good to know!

Bilstein has had such a great reputation for years mainly because of the fact that each and every product they put on the market is engineered so that you could rebuild the hell out of it. I have another set of OEM Bilsteins sitting in the garage waiting for better times and some cash to burn on revalving service.

I'm sure m sprank would knoe the answer to that, hopefully he'll check back in, in a few.

Mike at AZPinstalls might know too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

HD's will handle lowering springs better. OEM Bilsteins work well with light drop springs (Epics, H&R, old Cobbs, Pinks). All struts designed for stock length/rate springs will have some sort of wear associated to the spring used.

Archived