LegacyGT.com

How to marry a cat-back Exhaust to Cobb DP?

LGT Chris

Quick question. Greddy claims their cat-back exhaust bolts on to all stock and aftermarket downpipes. Does this mean that it will bolt on to my Cobb DP with the reducer flange or with a "custom"(?) fitted 3" flange after cutting the reducer off. Cobb obviously intended for the reducer flange to be cut off and replaced for a full 3" connection. Has anyone added a cat-back exhaust system to their Cobb DB yet? Seems like a waste to connect a 3" DP to a 3" cat-back with a 2.5" reducer/expander just after the cat.

Thanks for any info!

CJ

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Luxomissle waGONE

I think the Borla is 2.5". If it says it will bolt on to stock, then you should have no problems. I had my catback on before my DP.

Did you get the catted or non-catted dp from COBB? How's that sound with the Borla CB??

Did you get the catted or non-catted dp from COBB? How's that sound with the Borla CB??

I got the catted DP, and I think it sounds great. Not too loud, just a nice burble when cruising, however when you step on it it gets this awesome growl to it. My wife hates the "fart can" sound but really likes this. I love it!

Archived