LegacyGT.com

weird boost issue

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't think it's entirely solved. 1 tank of gas later here is my LV. I find it interesting that cell C in my fuel trims stays within 5% in town, and then I get on the highway and cruise for a long time and it goes out of 5%.

How long would the engine have to run for enough deposits/lack there of to build up on the plugs?

781026174_LearningView_SS_A2WC511N_2013-12-21150013.jpg.aa215b6ffaf2ef6027add38df43ecb2c.jpg

I'm not sure about the deposits question, but imo i wouldn't run WOT as high as it looks like you have. you've got pretty significant learned timing corrections in the 4k+/high load ranges. probably isn't helping that your D trim is pulling 1.4% fuel (which gets applied @ WOT). did you datalog the entire drive/s since you last reset the ECU? you probably won't knock in those regions going forward until after the next ECU reset. i wouldn't think that the D range pulling 1.4% fuel would cause that much knock, but I guess it's possible. I'd probably pull the timing seen in your LV from your base timing table in the interim.

• 3 weeks later...
so after the holidays, lots of driving, my IAM is no longer at 1 again. However it does look like my fuel trims might be in "check" now. Or at least to the "close enough" that shamar does without a wideband. These fuel trims are after ~800 miles of combined city and highway driving

1217375570_LearningView_SS_A2WC511N_2014-01-09204736.jpg.b56ccb7cafb92bd325e8f11f0aec3cee.jpg

Archived