LegacyGT.com

510Finn's 2008 QSM Spec.B

510Finn

• 5 months later...
There's a big crack in the uppipe and a tiny crack in the header. Other than that, the car is good. I just passed smog today without having to do any demodifying. They plugged in an OBDII scanner and let the car idle. No sniffer, no saying anything about it.

• 5 months later...

Update: I haven't been driving the car much or hard, only to keep the E85 cycled through. I recently swapped out the Borla UEL header and cracked uppipe as well as installed the GrimmSpeed TMIC. She feels really good now! I went from the UEL to the EL Titek header and uppipe I got from TerriyakiBBS (Alex). I sent the header and uppipe to get coated from the same place, Accessories Plus. One issue is that I had to relocate and shorten the Amsoil Dual Remote Bypass lines as the header interfered. I think I need to get a aluminum engine tray now.

I'll get better pictures posted up soon, especially the engine bay.

IMG_20150322_154021.thumb.jpg.01218c96f4fcebf6fc3f8cc86dac05f6.jpg

IMG_20150323_222410.thumb.jpg.de8fe30008a710cef0bde2ace5cdea29.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Where do you go for most of your work? The car looks fantastic, puts my poor, slightly neglected QSM Spec.B to shame. :(

I do almost all the work myself, sans tuning, and wheel alignment. Try finding local Subaru LGT owners in your area. Try finding or organizing small BBQ/Install Days and you can get help working on your car during that time.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Update: The car is currently at 71900 miles. Last week, after driving up to Snail Performance for a retune on E85, upon strapping onto the dyno, and doing an initial pull there was a knock event detected and some oil smoke coming from the exhaust, it was decided to get the car checked out and not do the retune. I'm not noticing any excessive oil consumption either. The car still seems to run well and generate good power on E85.

Today, I had an appointment with AA Motorworks in Mountain View, CA and Adam initially checked the vehicle out after I drove up and a quick look under the hood he found a small bolt that was sitting right next to the knock sensor, and was most certain that would explain the knock event. He is still going to go over the vehicle and check things out. He did explain that some oil burning through the turbo could be normal with a Garrett BB cartridge.

• 3 months later...

Haven't posted here in a while, Happy New Years everyone. The compression leak down test revealed #4 cylinder at 20% leakage and 120 psi, so its not terrible, but not good either. The car still seems to run well so I figured that I still have some time before I tear into the engine and can plan for a rebuild. I am leaning toward an Outfront Motorsports closed deck and forged internals and have the heads rebuilt. I'm not looking for crazy power, but want to feel confident about pushing higher boost with the rebuild and still maintain the stock locations for that stock looking appearance.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

c3ea2e6fe1d737c2558f7ddf24b1a1c4.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Our bays look identical except i has that gold bling tape thats loud lol...i like this quiet look...but i live in desert is a good enough excuse

Thumbs up on outfront motorsports as i may get their block later down the road

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Archived