LegacyGT.com

Had a chuckle today...

Got the newest Road and Track - well, new for Japan, likely a month or two behind you guys. Cover page was of the new super secret 350Z, article inside playing up how extra special and rare the new 350Z S-Tune GT that they had driven was.

Odd that, I seem to remember a particular drive in Hakone a month or two ago that apexjapan did...

DSCN4176.jpg.b37e08d80a9dfe69e0a2e6381fada249.jpg

[quote name='ion']Yeah not bad - 300HP. Looks pretty mean too, but I think the 0-60 times were around 5.8 seconds. Right around Legacy times? 8)[/quote] It's not a light car, you can especially feel it driving it up in Hakone. Power curve is fantastic, though, and it the sounds it makes are exquisite. Price independent, it was a incredible weekend car for the mountains, as long as the roads are wider than the ones in Hakone - I was nearly touching the lines on the side and the divider in the middle half the time. A stock STi would be faster for half the money, but that is pretty much irrelevant. It's like a Ferrari in that respect, you don't pay for the numbers, you pay for the experience. Cheers, Paul Hansen

Yeah - know all about it (I have a 350Z :) ) - and you are right. It is not exactly a light car, but it has a GREAT power curve. I love rolling in 2nd gear and then just stepping on it - very linear and predictable. But my problem - getting addicted to turbos, AWD, etc. (i.e. LGT)

OFF the Hook Paul, yr connected to the social pipeline, what can I say. With you being the info KING/PIMP, any news on the STi version coming to Oz as of yet and do you know if the WR will get a showing either in NZ or Oz ? Matrone uncovered a 5EAT WR Car with pics in the main room, looks very nice. Oh and any news when you are sliding down under yrself ?

Oh, and I have one word for those drooling over that Z. Clearance. As in: There is none - some journos who will remain anonymous (not us for once) had the misfortune of finding a pothole in a car park - at walking pace it caused enough damage to require some rather costly cosmetic surgery...

Archived