LegacyGT.com

WRX struts in a BG 1996 Legacy

I am going to buy these coil-overs but he says I need to use my top hats my question is does my top hats fit on wrx struts

he says it fits these gc8 and bc5 don't know what they mean is that wrx models

Do an advanced search with the terms: "WRX struts" with posts by my username.. I have written, about 3 times, and information you could possibly want to know about 2GLegacy/WRX/STi struts/springs/mounts.

But first.. Are we talking about actual coilovers or actual struts? There is a difference.

If it's coils, well they don't use strut style spring top hats.

If it's struts, no. You will need WRX top hats.

No. I have no idea. I don't know what he has.

Does he have struts? Coilovers? Or strut/coils (a combination of a strut with a "coilover type" spring and perch)?

Legacy top hats will not fit on WRX springs.

Get some pictures if you can.

this is the auction has a picture as well not so good though

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=646103382&permanent=0

so if I bought WRX top hats would that fit my car

For that price, you can get a new set of Raceland coilovers. Really depends on what the intended use of your vehicle is. My opinion, for what it's worth, educate yourself on the differences between coilovers and conventional struts. Then decide which of the two will better suite your driving habits and meet your REALISTIC needs.

• 1 month later...
ok BUMP found a new pair but they are off a V3 1996 WRX will these coilovers fit they are awesome price an only have done 2000 k's owner cant be bothered get them check to get them road legal but Im not sure if they will fit

Archived