LegacyGT.com

Will this Turbo Fit?

Try searching the forum, many people have the VF52 in their car.

As I understand it is a direct bolt on/swap for the VF40/VF46 so yes it will. With this you wont need to upgrade any parts of the motor either, but upgrading the oil lines isn't a bad move while you're doing the turbo.

$400 is a great price if it is 3000 miles with no shaft play they usually sell for around 600-700.

Things to look for are shaft play, cracks in the housing, oil lines

holy deal of the day, if it truly has no shaft play and only 3k miles, I'd buy it in a cocaine heartbeat.

might be worth finding out why it got pulled and the current condition of the engine it came off though.

It could be like the one I got. Subaru replaced a customers turbo under warranty on their 2013 WRX...4000 miles on it. Turbo was fine, but the customer raised such a stink about it smoking on start-up that they gave in to make them happy. I sat on it for 2 months waiting to see if they would ask for it to be returned. As soon as it popped up on my scrap report, it came home with me. Hard to beat a perfectly good free VF52 :D

Subaru doesn't mind if scrap parts are used for personal consumption, but if a dealer is listing them on Ebay, they can get pretty salty about that.

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

Archived