LegacyGT.com

valve spring shims?

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f5/t103391-valve-spring-question.html

I think I know what the machinest was talking about. Well at least according to this thread

The valve spring seats!! But I'm still having trouble finding the part number. That site was pretty difficult to use and when I dis find the right page the actual part that was was in the diagram was number 2 but dis not list the part number for it.

So by any chance does anyone know the part number for a ej22e (95 legacy)

So I'm still stuck. I think the ej22e does not come with valve springs seats. By looknow ng at the OEM catalogs of other subies like the wrx's compared to my car, they have an actual slot that says " valve spring seat" So I m assuming the springs sits right on the head itself, which I don't think is good. Baah

Peter

Hello;

Were you going to simply lap-in the valves or do a real valve grind job? Remember that you are working with a non-ajustable lifters here. I use a dial indicator that measures the stem length from the spring seat. When you grind the valve and valve seat, the stem sticks up further needing to be ground off! Thus a spring spacer needs to be used to lift the spring up to maintain the proper tension. I would think Napa or Goodson would sell these, Steven.

Snederhiser, thanks for the reply and to answer your question the valve has been grinded and seated...I guessed I f'd up on that one unless I can find these spring spacers your talking about. You know what height or thickness should be if I got 3 angle valve job? Thanks

Peter

you could take some length off the valve stem instead of going with a different shim but if the clearance is already too big you're gonna need larger shims.

Most machine shops will move shims around to make it so you have to buy the least amount of shims possible. They're in there. You're machinist should've told you what thickness shims you need.

Archived