LegacyGT.com

2.0 FA Turbo in a 4th Gen??

You sir are correct, silly me :o

But back to the boxer, engineering wise it would be more cost effective in designing/building the FA motor if they used relatively the same rotating assembly. Less new stuff to engine and I think all the magic comes from the direct injection and overall better flowing heads.

However it works it was nice to see the turbo sitting in the front of the motor in the picture frank_ster posted earlier.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW

FA 2.0 heads on an EJ25x sounds very interesting. DI and the different valve angles etc.

Anything can be done with time, money, and effort.

That pic from earlier looks great, except for the TRD sticker :) I have always liked Toyotas but I can't look at those stickers and not think about poop.

That would be a challenge... The question is - are you going to change to belt driven cams or add a chain drive to the rest of the EJ?

good point ! i forgot about that

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I forgot about that too. Would obviously be cool to go to a chain drive, never have to replace it (in theory)... just like the H6 Subaru motors. I would assume it could be done to adapt an H6 crank pulley and idlers to the H4 EJ25x motor with FA 2.0 heads.

I forgot about that too. Would obviously be cool to go to a chain drive, never have to replace it (in theory)... just like the H6 Subaru motors. I would assume it could be done to adapt an H6 crank pulley and idlers to the H4 EJ25x motor with FA 2.0 heads.

Add to it seals and casing around the chain and some oil jets to keep it lubricated. But gear driven cams would be even better!

453747.png

Archived