LegacyGT.com

Top Ten, 2005 Highest Retained Value, Wagons

That's just it, wagons are not that popular in the US, and they're hard to find. Especially with a manual trans, they are fairly rare. funny, that list just about covers it for the available wagons on the market right now if you ignore the lux segment and undesireable cars like the taurus. Honda used to have a wagon accord, and they discontinued it about 8 years ago.

Anyway, this limited availability makes the used value go up. Supply vs. demand. All of the cars on that list are well-made and reliable, so that means good value.

Loving my 2nd subaru. =)

Yeah, why only 8 on the list? At the very least, wouldn't the Mazda 6 qualify to round out the mix? There has to be more in the class. 5 series wagon? Freestyle maybe? (might be considered fullsize). Still a Camry wagon? A4 Avant?

Very weird.

Yeah, why only 8 on the list? At the very least, wouldn't the Mazda 6 qualify to round out the mix? There has to be more in the class. 5 series wagon? Freestyle maybe? (might be considered fullsize). Still a Camry wagon? A4 Avant?

Very weird.

I think there's no camry wagon now. Also, I'm not sure the A4 holds its value as well as it used to. I do think the 325 wagon should be on the list, because god knows ppl pay top dollar for used BMW's.

I think these cars are in a different category. with the Mazda, I don't think Mazda's hold their value very well as a rule. Even the RX-8 is not that great, from what I've seen (Im casually shopping for one).

Tantal ... maybe they don't hold value as well, but I would at least someone expect them to be able to round out a top 10 with more than 8 vehicles.

Yea, but maybe those cars are listed in a different category - otherwise I agree with you why wouldn't they be there?

There aren't all that many wagons. Luxury cars like more expensive Audis and BMWs tend to drop fairly quickly as the warranties expire, and the cars become more expensive to repair than to buy.

Used luxury cars are one of the biggest depreciation holes in the Auto industry.

If they could only find 8 cars, they should have called it something besides a top ten, though.

Archived