LegacyGT.com

Audio question. Please help

I have an aftermarket system installed in my car and would like to put it back to stock. I removed the factory amp from under the seat and installed a DVD pioneer radio with amps in the trunk.

My question is, will I get any sound if i reconnect the factory wires to the speaker without reinstalling the factory amp, while leaving the pioneer radio in?

I basically want to remove the after market amps, leave the pioneer dvd player in and reconnect the factory wires to the speakers without reconnecting the factory amp.

The dvd radio has an amplifier as most aftermarket radios.

my question is, since this car came with the upgraded stereo with the factory amp under the seat, will i need to reinstall that factory amp to get audio if i remove the after market amp i installed in the truck.

or

has anyone just installed an after market radio without removing the factory amp under the seat?

i

Are you talking about an amp or the factory subwoofer under the DS?

im wondering if any has removed the factory HU and replace it with an aftermarket HU, while still keeping their factory amplifier thats located under the seat?

I dont know about all the legacies, but my 2009 SE auto came with a factory amp under the seat, the passenger seat.

Not all models has an amplifier under the passenger seat. The catch you will have is the wiring to all the speakers, and an aftermarket unit can make it tricky.

If you have a working system I would suggest that you sell the car with it and purchase new amplifiers for the next car.

453747.png

Archived