LegacyGT.com

Bilstein HD Question on 07 spec b

valleylegacy

I know there may alreasy be hundreds on threads in this but ive been so lazy to look them up ... Here is what I need to know

I've got the 07 BL5 SPEC B.

Im gonna install my Bilstein HD's with JDM Pinks Springs soon.

1. Can I reuse my front and rear top hats? or do I need to purchase all of this?

20320AG000 - front top hat (strut mount), 2 needed -

20326AG000 - front top hat dust cap (dust seal), 2 needed

20323AG000 - front spring seat/perch, 2 needed.

20322AG010 - front dust boots, 2 needed.

(Info from unclemat thread on jdm suspension)

strangely why is the catalogue telling me the part number for the 07 SPEC B top hat is 20320AG01A

2. Do I need to also get different top hats for the rear?

3. Can I resue anything from the USDM OEM 07 SPEC B Bilstein strut assembly?

thank you for the help and answers.

• 5 weeks later...

If your just swapping springs, you don't need any additional stuff. Unless you'd like to replace something...

Also, from my research (haven't had the scratch to get my pinks yet), get the GT versions. The JDM GT-B is lighter, so the GT springs are better suited to the USDM spec.B.

Just had the Bilstein HD's installed with JDM Pink Spec B springs in the front and JDM GT wagon springs in the rear. Honestly they are too stiff for local Los Angeles roads...IMHO. Called Bilstein and they advised that the BILSTEIN HD struts are better suited to work with the OEM USDM SPEC B Springs.

The drop height is nice but its too low for my taste. I'm scraping the lower lip and even when entering the driveways at an angle. I enter slow but the slightest bump or too much speed and I scrape. Only when the roads are smooth does the suspension really feel nice and comfortable. Maybe I'm a wimp. But I need a different set of springs.

Suggestions? Anyone pair the OEM JDM SPEC B sedan , wagon springs (non-pinks) with the Bilstein HD's?

Or what about he Rallitek Springs with Bilstein HD. Ive read some reviews but don't know much about how those springs are rated.

Ideally I want to keep comfort and have just a slight drop no more than 1/2 inch really. The JDM Pinks are way too low for me.

Like I said, I read that the JDM GT-B.spec springs didn't pair well with the USDM. The JDM GT-B is lighter, and IIRC is a 2.0L instead of a 2.5L. This leads to a lighter front end...

As for the struts, the JDM Bilstien HDs are Revision A (& B?). USDM is the Revision C, which are a little softer I believe.

This is all from memory, so I could be off on some things. Where did you get the springs? Maybe they'll swap them for straight GTs?

He doesn't want pinks though, that's his point. He wants OEM USDM spec.B springs or JDM spec.B springs. EDO is where you can order pinks here and yes they offer all the options.

JDM spec.B does not equal STi Pinks (aftermarket item in all markets).

I can't use your gts ... I have bilstein hd
Actually you can, but the spring rates are ideal for the USDM KYB option shocks. They will fit though. Since Bilstein said the HD was designed for dampening paired with the spec.B OEM spring, that's going to have the best ride characteristics. Ideally you would have OEM spec.B (or JDM rev.C) Bilsteins vs. the HD since they are a bit softer, and comfort is your primary goal. They are dampened softer than the HDs. I want HDs with my Swift springs since the USDM spec.B Bils are too soft for the spring rates.

Great point. Im gonna try out the OEM JDM SPEC B WAGON SPRINGS (non Pinks) FROM REV D CAR WITH 6MT and write up how they feel with the Bilstein HD.

That means my brand new JDM SPEC B Wagon rear/sedan front PINKS with 150 miles on them will be up for sale.

He doesn't want pinks though, that's his point. He wants OEM USDM spec.B springs or JDM spec.B springs. EDO is where you can order pinks here and yes they offer all the options.

JDM spec.B does not equal STi Pinks (aftermarket item in all markets).

Ahhh. I was under the impression that JDM spec.B came with pinks. Good to know, thanks.

And yes, they should sell quick...

Archived