LegacyGT.com

CNT/Invidia down pipes

optyks

I was also looking at the CNT/ERZ DP recently. I was mainly swayed from getting one by a converstation from back in May that I found in the What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol-3 thread. Mainly about how the cat goes bad, and fitment issues. Specifically, there are some negative comments from m sprank, who made the postive thread about this DP when it came out. Here's a few of them:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4439836&postcount=8733

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4439890&postcount=8740

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4439901&postcount=8745

I'm now looking at TurboXS catted and Invidia (non-divorced) catted. Please update when you install the Invidia. I just ordered the same GMS catback as you are running. I'm stoked. You wrote some good things in that group buy thread.

Yeah I'm excited to get it on. I really do like the GMS. I need to polish mine and get the rust spots worked out. But, considering I've had it 2 or 3 years in harsh winters here in Utah, it seems to be holding up well. I"ll post vids once I get everything installed!

I didn't know they still sold the non divorced. At least, I wasn't able to track any down.

Yeah I'm excited to get it on. I really do like the GMS. I need to polish mine and get the rust spots worked out. But, considering I've had it 2 or 3 years in harsh winters here in Utah, it seems to be holding up well. I"ll post vids once I get everything installed!

I didn't know they still sold the non divorced. At least, I wasn't able to track any down.

Yea you're right. I'm not seeing the non-divorced catted Invidia anywhere. So it will be the TurboXS catted DP / GMS catback combo for me.

We'll see how these parts stand up to the Michigan winters. A lot of road salt here. Actually, there is a massive abandoned salt mine under Detroit.

http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/anthropology-and-history/news-salt-city-1200-feet-beneath-detroit

• 4 weeks later...

Updating you guys if you're curious:

I installed the DP today. No problems whatsoever. Took some torquing nuts and things to get it to align with my GMS cbe, but it's in nicely!

No wastegate flap issues, the newest version of Invidia has ironed out the wastegate separator and there are no "penny in exhaust" sounds.

Invidia + GMS = deep, bassy notes. I love it. Not much drone, and I can hear my turbo, which is awesome!

And, no shaft play to boot! Success.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, i'm trying to find a solid answer so I'm trying to "crowd source" some quality control reviews here. I'm at the point where I'm ready to order a catted down pipe.

My dilemma.

I want to do things right, I want quality. I'm almost set on buying an Invidia catted DP, but the only ones I can find are the divorced wastegate styles, which I'm seeing have fitment issues. How bad is this? Is it enough to cause leaks and problems down the road?

I've also read on the reviews that sometimes they throw CELs and run high emissions. (I want to install and not have to worry about passing emissions and such)

The other option is CNT. There are great reviews (from a while ago, which is part of my curiosity here) saying it's perfect and works well. However, people are saying their quality has gone down hill since the reviews were posted (I think back in 2009, 2010 sometime).

Has anyone ordered a CNT recently (in the last year or so)? What would you do?

I want good quality with a cat that I don't have to keep going back and fussing with.

Thanks!

I know you mentioned that you were interested in a catted downpipe, but here is my review on the CNT Catless (bellmouth) downpipe.

Weld Quality: *****

Fitment: *****

Appearance: *****

I purchased mine from a member of RMS, but I also know that they are popular, especially for the price. I did a lot of research prior to purchasing mine, and out of over 40 reviews, I found only one semi-negative one. I have been impressed with my downpipe, and being able to flash a stage two map as well has been great!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived