LegacyGT.com

Instrument cluster lighting

Hello everyone I tried to change my lights on back of the cluster but when I took it out the Pana have a plastic pisec of back with no outlets to change lights so I took it off and got to the motherboard and some white round plastic things were were the lights would be and idk how to change them if I even can or do I need an aftermarket 1 if u search on ebay my 06 cluster u can see the bac of what I mean

If it's an 06 or just a newer car than the 95-99 Legacys then you have LEDs in your dash and they are soldered in, so it's really difficult to change the colors. You won't have the little light bulb sockets like our cars do, yours are directly soldered do the circuit board inside the dash cluster, you can access them by removing the face plates off of each of the gauges.

So is there any other years instrument cluster that fits mine that I can change them or any aftermarket place u know of sell's them

Not that I'm aware of, with those newer cars there isn't much in the way of interchangeability of electronics. My buddy has an 08 legacy (same generation as yours) but the only thing I could do was put a tint on the back of the dash faces, so now they're blue but it was a lot of work. We even tried putting in a dash from a GT from the same year and that didn't work in the car at all, it would power up but only a few of the gauges worked.

Archived