LegacyGT.com

Good LV and Bad pull log. Any advice?

jameshawk25

I have a 06 with the current mods, cai (maf has been scaled), catless up, stage 1 competition clutch and lwfw. I have been trying to get this stage 1 tune dialed in for a while and i am not having much progress. It is the mickeyd's stage 1 from over on the romraider forum. I have pulled timing in a few areas where I was already having trouble. It seems that I am having a consistent feedback knock correction problem in certain aresa with this tune. I have also switched back to the stock tune and I have a smaller problem with it as well. So I am kinda lost on it now. I am wondering if there might be a bigger problem. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated! Also I am running pump 93 for fuel. :spin:

romraiderlog_20130802_222400.csv

786821965_LearningView_SS_8-15-201310918AM.thumb.jpg.65b198829f52e801a8f89f25a653cad7.jpg

Stop logging these:

MAP (PSI)

Ignition Base Timing

A/F learning

A/F sensor

MAF voltage (if you're sure you scaled it correctly)

Start logging these in addition to what you have:

MRP sea level (4-byte)

Throttle opening angle

Turbo Dynamics Integral (4-byte)

Primary WGDC

IAM (1-byte)

Gear

Boost Error

Do you have a wideband O2? If pulling timing isn't helping reduce knock, then it is probably too lean. You need a wideband O2 sensor to accurately scale your intake for open loop. Due to the stock sensor's location, it does not give accurate readings under boost.

I will add them to my logging list! As for the wideband o2 i do not have one but i am thinking it might be a good investment. I am going to toss on the stock air box in a little bit and reflash back to stock maf scaling and see if the problem is still there. So when scaling for open loop is it just the top 2.6/3 and up voltages on the maf scale? cause when scaling with romraider i did notice that as soon as i went into open loop it stopped scaling. Which was always under 3v.

Correct the Romraider MAF scaling tool only works in closed loop, typically up to 2.8V is the highest for closed loop on most cars. A good way to ballpark >2.8V is to get the MAF scaled very close up to 2.8V, and increase the g/s for rest of the curve so that it follows the trend and it's a smooth transition.

Archived