LegacyGT.com

New here, need HELP please, headlights

R1boome

2006 Legacy, have had for almost 4 years, bought new, has just under 200,000 on it. Have had HID for years, they went out recently so I replaced them and they were nothing but trouble, flickering and going out a lot and I drive a few hundred miles a night so I couldn't have that. Went and put in some regular headlights the other day and the driver side headlight/running light is dimmer than pass side, a lot dinner but its on and then I turn the brites on the whole driver side goes out, pass side headlights and brites come on. Wiring? Any clue what to do? Thanks guys.image.thumb.jpg.3583e25772d21548032e574c2abba48c.jpg

I was having a very similar issue. See how the high beam is on dim? I had this exact issue.

My ballast had a small short, which would PARTIALLY burn the fuse, one of th 20AMP fuses that are stacked vertically on the top left quarter of the under dash fuse box, I believe it was the top one. If you pull it and it looks a little burnt, then it's exactly what happened to me. It would pull just a little too much current because of the short and would burn that fuse a little, allowing less current to pass. It seems as though the high beams come on as a safety feature seeing less current drawn by the headlights.

Remove the HID ballasts and throw halogens back in. Replace those fuses and you should be good to go.

I was having a very similar issue. See how the high beam is on dim? I had this exact issue.

My ballast had a small short, which would PARTIALLY burn the fuse, one of th 20AMP fuses that are stacked vertically on the top left quarter of the under dash fuse box, I believe it was the top one. If you pull it and it looks a little burnt, then it's exactly what happened to me. It would pull just a little too much current because of the short and would burn that fuse a little, allowing less current to pass. It seems as though the high beams come on as a safety feature seeing less current drawn by the headlights.

Remove the HID ballasts and throw halogens back in. Replace those fuses and you should be good to go.

FUSES! They weren't totally out so when I initially looked at them I kind of just breezed by and put them back in, closer look and they are partially burnt, wow, thank you this has been bugging the sh!t out of me, now I am kinda pissed I took my HIDs out, time for new ones when these halogens give out. Thanks man

Archived