LegacyGT.com

Hello all! Just a few questions from a guy new to he scene

So I have just sold my Audi a4 b5 1.8tqm and picked up this beautiful 09 5mt legacy special addition. So far I am very happy with it. Got some tints and I'm waiting for time to throw on my stech springs. Anyway I have been hearing from my friends that are in the scene that these things are like Legos I have some pretty ambitious dreams for this car. So heard are a list of questions that I am hoping some of you can answer

1. I want a lip ASAP I've found some eBay ones but I'm hearing that wrx sti parts can fit. Is this true?

If so I also want a rear window diffuser/ spoiler. And I saw an orgasmic rear bumper for an sti that I absolutely have to have on my car ( is it possible to fab up a connection?)

2. Further more when I lower my car(this week hopefully of it doesn't rain) than I am going to want to run spacer on the stock rims to flushin it out a bit more till I get my summer wheels for next uear(enkei rs05rr) so if anyone could tell me if they have any or what mm they use just to cut down on the distance from the tire wall to the fender on the stockers it would be great ! Any other tips or advice would be great I'm going to try to be even more active in the Subaru community that I was in the Audi scene! Here it is!http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/14/pavy8ume.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/14/equtabaz.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/14/asegezuz.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/14/penanypy.jpg

P.s Opinions on that decal idk how I feel about the placement what do you guys think?

Before you install those s techs take them back and get something else I had those and they were horrible. Road terrible, made my car handle like a big wheel and shredded my tires. Besides that the other two problems with s-techs are that they will blow your struts really fast and they lower the car so much that they throw off the suspension geometry. Plus it's recommended that if you lower your car more the 1'' (approximately) you will need a whiteline bump steer kit. These are great cars you don't want to ruin them.

Before you do any major mods read the forums a lot.

Before you install those s techs take them back and get something else I had those and they were horrible. Road terrible, made my car handle like a big wheel and shredded my tires. Besides that the other two problems with s-techs are that they will blow your struts really fast and they lower the car so much that they throw off the suspension geometry. Plus it's recommended that if you lower your car more the 1'' (approximately) you will need a whiteline bump steer kit. These are great cars you don't want to ruin them.

Before you do any major mods read the forums a lot.

im not looking from extreme comfort with these. and from what i have been reading in the forums they are not as terrible as some people are making them seem, but thanks for your input!

No they are I can take a harsh ride in a trade off for handling but its not the case with these. People that say that usually don't know any better they just turn hard once or twice with bad tires and say " no more under steer or body roll" I've used these in autox before and I was slower then people with factory springs. But if your just going for looks they do look great.

Just do a little more research on springs. better springs are not that much more even if you get h-techs they are very close in price.

No they are I can take a harsh ride in a trade off for handling but its not the case with these. People that say that usually don't know any better they just turn hard once or twice with bad tires and say " no more under steer or body roll" I've used these in autox before and I was slower then people with factory springs. But if your just going for looks they do look great.

Just do a little more research on springs. better springs are not that much more even if you get h-techs they are very close in price.

i will certainly not be autoxing my car, just want it to look better and handle better than stock for daily driving with the occasional spirited driving. my car is not a GT and its strictly looks. ill do the exhaust to get her breathing efficiently among a few other preventative upgrades just want a clean nice looking daily that i may bring to a show or two lol

:lol: at the Tein box for S-Techs... "Dress up Master". I will now refer to S-Techs as the Barbie Doll of tuning.

Cool looking car though. Love those bumpers! Should be easy to find a lip for the JDM style bumper. Where are you located?

im in the philadelphia area of PA, haha and yea last thing i expected to see on the box... is it possible to make sti parts fit?

• 2 weeks later...
springs on pics coming after i change the oil and wash her haha, put a few hundred miles on her this weekend. next I'm deciding which rear window diffuser, and lip to pull the trigger on. then on to an sit rear diffuser or a custom made rear bumper diffuser. may paint these wheels gold, or matt gunmetal, since these are soon to be just winter wheels. and then we can start with the exhaust and work our way up

Archived