LegacyGT.com

Why Subaru is worried about its soaring sales

Picky1

:spin:Not really. It's actually called "Confidence in Motion" and "Love. It's what makes a Subaru a Subaru." ;)

Inexpensive went out the USDM window when they added AWD to their entire line up. But they are trying to stay that way in a sense. The 2014 Subaru Forester XT can now use 87 octane fuel unlike in the past but it'll just perform less than if the owner were to use 91 octane fuel (or higher).

They are at least decently priced for AWD vehicles. And you aren't forced as a buyer to purchase the special model just to get AWD. (Like Volvo do for example)

453747.png

They are at least decently priced for AWD vehicles. And you aren't forced as a buyer to purchase the special model just to get AWD. (Like Volvo do for example)

That is exactly right. Practically all manufacturers option up awd cars to offset the special drivetrain expenses.

Yes. I know they're reasonably priced and I've never had a problem with that. I'm just saying Subaru isn't "inexpensive" anymore. As far as pricing goes, I don't mind as long as Subaru doesn't get arrogant again and start thinking they can start charging near Audi's price point.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived