LegacyGT.com

car issue after rebuilt HELP~!!!!

Take it back, they have not installed the VC correctly. Did they put sealant on the half moons ?

If not, they need to redo the job.

Could be another area leaking. If the shop is good they may not have checked the oil return hose from the turbo while they next to it.

the whole motor was done by THIS PLACE IN LONG ISLAND ny CALLED Tach Motor Works

when I got the motor back from them , less then a week I already told him there's smoke's coming out from the car then it having issue ,

1 ) went back , claim it was the wire's so redone the wire cost me other 350$ when I know it was the timing belt issue,

2 ) after 2 week's later I told him still have the same issue this time he told me it was the rack & pinion leak , when I find out it wasn't the rack & pinion, he claim he got the coolant into the motor and it will take some times to burn it off,

3) few week's later I told him still have smoke's bring it back to him he said is nothing's wrong with the built if I take it back he will look at it if anything wrong with it not costing by them he will charge me .

2 week's ago I show him all those picture he claim that it was the power steering pump leak , it wasn't the motor and I told him I want to redo my valve gasket and he said he will order the gasket it took him a week to order the gasket , so I gave up on going back to them , so I told him I will have someone else to do the work and I will send him the bills .. once I find out what's wrong with it

so now after I done the valve gasket replace few day's ago currently car still making smoke's .. from the engine.. but the leak stopped

so right now i'm in the process of finding out what might be wrong with the motor.. scare that he charge me all those $ and he didn't do anything to my car beside clean them up and send it back to me

http://djnauticz.site11.com/gt13.jpg

http://djnauticz.site11.com/gt14.jpg

here's some update area of the smoke's...

It could be some leftover oil residue that's burning off. If I were you, I would buy one of those inspection mirror and spend a good 20mn checking the engine bay thoroughly.

Have you checked the oil return hose from the turbo that Max capacity mentioned? There's a clamp on it that has a tendency to get loose with time.

^Byron, you're up at what time??? It is 4am where you live right? daaang.

Where have you been, I've been going into work early for about 7 weeks now, But that ended today. They cut off the OT.

*bryon i'm in Brooklyn ny

You want to call Mike and set up a time for his guy's to look at your car if you need help. He can't be to far from you. Traffic getting there...that's different. ;)

FWIW, my trusted mechanic is about a 25 minute ride one way. The wagon is at another buddies body shop he's about a 20 ride one way.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived