LegacyGT.com

18x10 wheels

chucktoo

What 18x10s wheels is anyone using and what do you think of them ? What bolt pattern are they in [ 5x100 ] and what is the offset ?

My next set of tires will be 285/30x18s and I should have atleast 10 in wide rims for that size.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Wow that would be sick, I have not seen anyone running 10x on there gt here, I would defiantly remember that. Lol but you are going to just explode the inside of you trans if you ever try to launch it with that much power and grip STI 6speed or not...the temptation would be far to great for me. I am dieing to see this thing once it is done!

You're really going to try and shoehorn a set of rims that are 2" wider than what's considered the maximum allowable width? Unless you're already running coilovers, this is NOT going to happen.

he also has an OBXT which has fender flares, allowing even more room under there ;) As for the 285's, how else to you expect to get 500whp do the ground? :dm:

I really need to show you all what 18x10 looks like when you max out the inboard side of the GT sedan...

I have pics at home, but I wont be around til Wednesday.. I'll take pics then for you all...

Chuck, you need to order a set of Fikse or HRE wheels since they are fully custom rims.. there isnt a mass production wheel that would fit on our cars at 18x10.

Keefe

Keefe

You're really going to try and shoehorn a set of rims that are 2" wider than what's considered the maximum allowable width? Unless you're already running coilovers, this is NOT going to happen.

Yea, it can happen on his OBXT. Not on a GT or GT wagon. It's doable... it would be a 285/30/18 tire or a 265/35/18 tire.

Keefe

Keefe

my 235/50/zr18 bf goodrich g-force t/a kdws

27.2" dia., 9.6" section width

on jdm rims

18x7, 55mm offset with 15mm h&r spacers just fit.

the problem is when the front wheels turn.

some slight rubbing on the front, lower, bumper, inner, fender well.

nothing a knife couldn't handle.

he also has an OBXT which has fender flares, allowing even more room under there ;) As for the 285's, how else to you expect to get 500whp do the ground? :dm:

actually, the flares are just add ons. the fender that is on the LGT is still there, just under the flare.;)

my buddy has a cobra with 18x9.5 with 315s...

that looks sick

it'd look beefy on OBXT if it fits

btw, expect shitty gas milege lol

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

So - I guess there are no 5x100 bp 18x10 of the shelf wheels that is what I sort of expected.

I thought I would check one one last time before going the 5x114.3 bp route. I do have converter/spacers to do this but really did not like the idea. If people are interested will post pictures of spacers.

I saw some 295x35x18 Pilot Sport PS2's on wheels yesterday - be it not on a car - and they are awsome.They might actually fit on a 10 in rim but 10.5 in would be better. It was an AMG play day at Lime Rock. Michelin was one of the sponsers and we went through a lots and lots of thier tires. In an SL55 with traction controll off I was able to smoke a pair through a slalom course for fun. Got my first ride in a 600 hp street car a McLaren SLR and it was amazing. If you ever get a chance to do an AMG challenge - do it - the ultimate test drive - they brought $4 million worth of cars to play with on a race track.

Charlie

Thank you for the lead

Fikse can build the wheels

18x10 in 5x100 with a +13mm offset in any of the Profil wheels [ this is an Outback ] no problem. They can do other offsets also.

They are not cheap $1037 a wheel for anyone else interested in extreme wheels.

In addition to Kodiak that someone else mentioned earlier you may want to check out http://www.ccwheel.com/ and http://www.kinesismotorsport.com/ for custom wheels made with motorsports in mind.

I think there is someone on NASIOC running 18x10.5" CCWs on an STi for Auto-x. And the old Cobb Conebasher car was running Kodiaks that were around 10" wide.

Archived