LegacyGT.com

ASA JH3 with 225/45/17 Toyo T1Rs

noam

After going back and forth on the various options, I finally decided I should go for some 17s given the roads in New England. In the end I went for 17x7.5 ASA JH3s with 225/45/17 Toyo T1Rs.

Hard to beat the ASAs on price and I think they look quite good with GRP. Obviously the Toyos walk all over the RE92s.

http://www.digitalintegra.com/photos/legacy/IMG_2186.JPG

http://www.digitalintegra.com/photos/legacy/IMG_2190.JPG

http://www.digitalintegra.com/photos/legacy/IMG_2189_2.JPG

They look great. Now how are they? I am kinda regretting not getting a preformance tire. I love my Proxes 4's, but they aren't ever going to be as great as a dedicated preformace tire. But, as of now, these are the best tires I've ever used - so I'm very happy.

I just noticed your said 225's, how is the ride quality with them - have you noticed a significant improvement?

I only have two days on the T1Rs, but they are great thus far. I don't notice them being any louder than the RE92s and they grip beautifully. I had the T1Ss on my last car, so it was an easy decision to go for the T1Rs.

The only thing I haven't decided is if I'm going to try to use the RE92s in winter or if I'm going back to what I had on my Integra... Nokian Hakkepelitta. I figure I'm 75% likely to go for the Nokian's again. They were fantastic on my FWD car. I can't imagine how they'll be on the LGT.

Have you noticed a big difference going from 215 to 225's?

Hard to tell since I changed the tires type and size all at once. There is obviously a huge difference between stock what I have now.

I got those same exact rims and I love them I haven't had the chance to use them in the winter yet. I got the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S for our fowl weather we have in Alaska. Enjoy the rims it looks just as good on the red as it does on Silver. Now all you have to do is get your car lowered with some pinks and it will look HOT!!!

I only have two days on the T1Rs, but they are great thus far. I don't notice them being any louder than the RE92s and they grip beautifully. I had the T1Ss on my last car, so it was an easy decision to go for the T1Rs.

The only thing I haven't decided is if I'm going to try to use the RE92s in winter or if I'm going back to what I had on my Integra... Nokian Hakkepelitta. I figure I'm 75% likely to go for the Nokian's again. They were fantastic on my FWD car. I can't imagine how they'll be on the LGT.

If you don't mind spending the money, obviously the Hakka's (or, really, ANY Nokian) :D will outperform the RE92's in the winter. But you might run the 92's for a season or two - they really should be acceptable for some time in the winter.

the asa's look good in 17", but for my application with the big tires i like my jdms.

the asa's were my second choice.

btw if put some tire protectant on it will look a lot better.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/423426/RB3.jpg

my 235/50/zr18 bf goodrich g-force t/a kdws

27.2" dia., 9.6" section width

on jdm rims spec b 3.0r

18x7, 55mm offset with 15mm h&r spacers just fit.

the problem is when the front wheels turn.

some slight rubbing on the front, lower, bumper, inner, fender well.

nothing a knife couldn't handle.

Triple Digits,

I took a 300 mile trip and also got a lot of local driving in when it has been raining. The T1Rs are doing great... No regrets whatsoever. I've even had some fun pushing the limits on empty off-ramps to get a feel for how they feel when they begin to break loose. They start to squeal and begin to break gradually.

Archived