LegacyGT.com

Need some opinions on this 05 LGT

Adeeza

Price is about 1-2k low, which would be a steal if everything else checks out, drives good and is in excellent condition in and out.

05's still go for about 10k right now with around 100k so, go check it out

Looks good, Make sure the 105,000 mile maintenace was done !

When you get it check the oil and then check it ever few day's, all ways top off the oil, NEVER let it get low.

These things use oil at different rates, it's not the same from week to week.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Most items are on 30,000 mile change or check cycles, the timing belt and oil change is mainly the 105,000 thing.

Air filter and clean the MAF sensor are easy things and can be done anytime.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm new here and am wondering what dealership was selling the OP's Legacy in the thread.

I drove from B-ham AL to Alexandria, VA and picked up my LGT yesterday. I'm thinking it was the same car.

I have been in Sunarus for a long long time. By far one of the easiest transactions I have completed.

Thanks, it's not the one I got. I purchased mine from AudiofAlexandria. It basically got an 800 mile test drive however prior to driving up to look at the vehicle I had the salesman make me videos of the car.

I have used this same method for other vehicle purchases.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Jay-R

I hate to double post, but I think I found another solid LGT that's not too far from me. Opinions would be greatly appreciated: http://frederick.craigslist.org/cto/3947936861.html

Ive been in Subarus for about 30 years. I have raced them.

My advice to you- pass unless you can talk him down to around $5000 thus making it reasonable to repair if the SB problems cause LB problems. LB problems cost a lot of $ to repair.

Reason

Since it has had the SB replace that means something went wrong internally. More importantly there could be metal shavings throughout the engine and turbo through the oil.

IMO it sounds like this car has been abused and or driven hard. If he is looking to buy an S2000 would indicate this as well.

An independent inspection would not turn up any particles in the oil, only an oil analysis can do that.

Just my opinion.

Good luck

Jay-R

Archived